The American College of Ringside Physicians was formed in 2005 to represent the dedication to athletic safety of volunteer physicians involved in USA Boxing sanctioned olympic-style amateur boxing.
College of Ringside Physicians:
- Is recognized by USA Boxing as the official representative of volunteer ringside physicians
- Provides a collegial atmosphere for interactions among volunteer ringside physicians
- Provides health and safety counsel to national
and international amateur boxing officials and executives
- Is represented at the highest levels of the International Amateur Boxing Association and The International Olympic Committee.
- Provides CME qualified annual educational seminars.
- Offers a pathway for certification in ringside medicine by The American Board of Ringside Medicine.
- Promotes recruitment and involvement of volunteer physicians in amateur Olympic-style boxing
- Provides qualified and experienced ringside physicians for national and international amateur boxing events
- Offers counsel and advice from nationally and internationally experienced ringside physicians